Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Eye of the Tiger

I got on the scale at the gym today. I weighed 189 pounds in gym clothes with a light breakfast in me. I'm willing to call that 187 and another four real pounds lost this week. So there is the healthy weight loss diet plan. You can eat as much as you want as long as you limit yourself to foods that do not taste good.

I was in the gym to go for a treadmill run. I couldn't believe how stiff I was from the run on Sunday and after 20 minutes of warm up running I decided to do some stretching. Not enough sleep I think. So don't call me Sunday morning I'm sleeping in.

I went to the heart and health fair at work today and got my vitals:

B.P. 131/73 very good said the nurse.
Pulse: 53 I'd like to shave off three beats.
Glucose 5.4
Cholesterol: 3.89 my best ever!

I attribute the cholesterol and good glucose to the HAD.

The weather in Georgia today was 14 degrees celcius and partly cloudy. Next year around this time I hope to be on the trail. I'm of a mind that starting out on February 14th might be cool. It's the Chinese new year in 2010 - the year of the Tiger.

Last year was the year of the Rat which signifies new beginnings. This year is the year of the Ox which is associated with slow, sure action building to last. Next year (starting February 14th-15th) is the year of the Tiger which is associated with good fortune.

Eye of the tiger!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

while my BP is generally always in the 120/70 range, my pulse is always in the 85-90 range .... but hey, I have a 6.2 liter lung capacity - and don't feel bad even on your stiffest day, you're more flexible than my loosest day hahaha

Ken said...

You gotta get your resting heart rate down!