Sunday, February 8, 2009

Boil-up 2009

First things first - congrats on the FTF bro! Sounds like you are having lots of fun with the geo-caching.

Today was the annual boil-up day. On the off chance that someoen reading this doesn`t know what a boil-up is a boil-up is when you go into the woods and boil a kettle of tea over an open fire. Those little gas stoves don`t count. Why you may ask? Simply put: tea boiled over an open fire tastes better. Same as applies to toast and weiners. Participants today included yours truly, the newly nick named tank and Prometheus and a beautiful woman! all good Labrador folk so there was no messing around. Once we got into the woods.

This year`s boil-up was in a slightly differnt part of Marboro Forest. We like Marlboro Forest since it`s not so busy as the parks. We started at the same place but different times as Tank and beautiful woman arrived a bit late so Prometheus and I had gone for a walk to keep busy but we all met up at the bridge as Prometheus and I back tracked figureing to meet up with the latecomers deftly tracking us. We met up by the bridge at Roger`s Pond and procedded around the pond. It was the best weather day we`ve ever had for boil-up in Ottawa and I liked the area we were in. Lots of deer tracks but no sign of birds, not even chickadees? We probably walked about 7kms today, 6 for the loop I think and I`m giving an extra km to Prometheus and I for our early stroll in the deep snow.

The hardest part of the day was this stupid hypo-allergenic diet. I`m torn at the moment. I can already feel a positive difference in my health eating this restrictive diet. I`m caffeine free but without the usual tiredness (I did still have the withdrawl headaches a few days ago) so I guess that means I have more energy as promised which presumably means the immune system boost is also happening but today, watching the others enjoy redberry jam on tea biscuits with real tea, I had to ask myself: is it really worth it?

I`m going to give it one more week before I decide.

Oh and I think I may need to take my carea into the shop. WDYT?

No comments: