Monday, February 16, 2009

31 pounds

It was abeautiful day so I went for an outdoors run yesterday. As usual, the legs wore out before the lungs. Then this little girl ran past me. It`s gonna be another tough snowshoe race Saturday. It`s the Canadian National Snowshoe Championships so I`ll be running with my ``last place is better than DNF`` approach. Then again, now that I`m down to 160 pounds maybe I`ll be super fast!

So in the last week, my second on the HAD, I`ve dropped 31 pounds. Or my scale is broken. Probably the latter. I certainly don`t look like I did when I was 160 pounds. This means I don`t know if I`ve continued to lose weight on the HAD. I think so but I don`t know. At any rate i`ve decided that the race Saturday is the end of the HAD. When I eventually drag my carcass into the Ark I will be famished and the spread is not going to be HAD compliant and I am going to eat. A lot.

Having said that the second week on the HAD has been much better. I`ve made some better tasting concoctions and I think if you have superior culinary skills than my own limited abilities it might be something you want to try. I think my real problem with the HAD is while I know it`s doing me some good I don`t know that it`s doing enough good to be worth the hassle. I have this sneaking suspicion that it`s really just the sugar part that is helping me. I am going to phase the foods back in to watch for any reaction. If I get a reaction to something other than sugar (which I already know I will get) then I`ll consider doing the cleanse again.

I think the order I`ll phase in is dairy first (cheese!), then gluten (bagels!) then nightshades. the known poisons, sugar, alcohol and caffeine will wait until March.

No comments: