Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More twists in the river

The La Cloche trip is officially on hold again and I suspect the Adirondack trail is as well. This is basically the result of two recent developments. Firstly I have a new job starting in July so scheduling is all up in the air. Secondly I just blew 2.438 years of my disposable income on a new Mac book Pro. A third factor is that I’ve decided it’s really time to focus on getting ready to move to the farm so what time off I do take from work will be dedicated to farm prep work.

This year we want to get a shed or two built, work on clearing some brush, put in a mass of fruit and nut trees and get started on some fencing. In the fall I am hoping to go to the Earthwood Building School ( http://www.cordwoodmasonry.com/ ) and take the three day cordwood workshop. Given the location if I could get a few extra days off I might try to sneak in a trip to the High Peaks Region of Adirondack Park and do the MacIntyre Range ( adirondackjourney.com/MacIntyre_Range.htm ) since I’d be in the neighbourhood anyway.

I can't figure out why the cordwood thing won't make a link.

No comments: