Thursday, July 8, 2010

Heat Waves

Complaints about the heat abound. But I suspect that’s the price of air-conditioning – we don’t practice our own adaptability enough to get good at it. Then when the power goes out people panic. I can’t figure out how to get the AC on in our rental house but I don’t care. I like the heat as long as I can get clean water right from the tap.

I walked into this store called Planet Organic yesterday. It’s got all this stuff on the walls and in the brochures about good for the planet sustainability etc.. As I walk in off the hot, humid street I‘m hit with this wall of freeze. Uncomfortably cold I’m thinking “can this abuse of the AC really be good for the planet? How many of these overpriced foods are in reality green washed planet killers?” By the time I’ve formulated that question, boom, the power goes out.

Fitting I says.

So I went to Home Depot and bought a hedge trimmer. Gonna do some plant killing of my own on the weekend. Unless mother-nature fights back and strikes me down with the lightning in the forecast…


No comments: