Friday, February 12, 2010

Cheating at the Superbowl

Here are the results of my little Superbowl “cheat day” :

……………………………………shmuck……….…..athlete
Weight………………………….192.6………..………192.4
Body Fat %........................19.9………………..12.3
Water %...........................54.5………………….58.5
Muscle Mass………………….146.8…………………160.6
Basal Metabolic Rate………2045………………..2220
Metabolic age…………………34……………………..13
Bone Mass……………………….7.6………………….8.2

So I gained almost two pounds – but all of it muscle. And no, I didn’t do any exercise this week either. Given that my digestive system still feels congested I’m going to have to say the scale is confused. It knows I’m packing more mass but it’s not conductive like fat so it must be muscle? I think it’s undigested food trying to work it’s way through my system.

Others reported some intestinal discomfort as well and have questioned the validity of my all out cheat day. My thinking is/was that as a reasonably healthy adult a small cheat might be dealt with easily and not very noticeable which is why I wanted to go all out this time. Bear in mind the idea behind the diet is that constantly eating this hamster food and baby cow food never gives your natural systems a rest and hence the idea of an occasional cheat day being acceptable.

Really though from what I’ve seen so far I expect cheat days to get rarer as time goes on. This assumes of course that the enjoyment of the cheat foods continues to decline. I’ve also finally placed that “off” taste I mentioned earlier – staleness. Everything from the cheat foods categories tastes like it’s already stale and not like day old bread stale but like bread at that not quite mouldy stage stale.

No comments: