Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The quest comes to and end

I have two more entries but Cider quest 2010 has all but come to an end. I’ll start with the two new entries.

Mystique is a craft cider from Quebec. Although I appreciate the efforts to ensure I got to sample it I wasn’t that impressed. It is best when cold not very good when warm and I don’t get the point of the wee little bottle (250ml).

The last entry is the Growers Granny Smith Apple Cider. I had high hopes for this as it is not only Canada’s number one cider I happen to be a fan of granny smith apples. But apparently the granny smith is not really a cider apple. I preferred the Growers Peach. I may yet sample the Growers Blueberry but I’d like to find it in individual bottles rather than have to invest in a whole six pack.

You might be wondering why Cider Quest 2010 is all but dead in the water at such a tender age? Well it was hit with a broadside that has all but blown cider out of the water. Adnam’s Broadside Strong Ale to be precise. Now I don’t normally like strong beers but the Broadside is a great beer despite it's 6.3%. Yes, great.

You'll have to move quickly if you want to experience this masterwork of the brewing craft though because as appears to be a trend with quality products at the LCBO it is being discontinued.

No comments: