Friday, July 23, 2010

July miscellany

Went to the Urgent care clinic last night. It seems I have a likely torn Posterior Cruciate Ligament. The Doctor says wear the brace every day and watch cowboy movies while drinking beer and eating potato chips for three weeks to get back in zombie fightin’ shape.And I have no idea how I did this.

Or I'll continue my current reading binge. Another decent book about canadian farms and farming is Apples to Oysters by Margaret Webb, a lesbian from Toronto who visits one farm in each province. I only mention that the author is a lesbian because she seems to think this is important with constant references to her sexual orientation throughout the narrative. I guess she wants you to know that when she loves a farmer it's platonic?

Just started endgame by Derrick Jensen. So far it's a pretty crazy Manson-esque manifesto. The guy is outlining a similar (if slightly more extreme) world view than my own. I am intrigued to see how far he is going to take it.

Started the new job. So far it's going well. I think.

Appalachian Trail to Africa = madness.

2 comments:

Bryn said...

Nice prescription. What were you up to when you tore your ligament?

Ken said...

I think it happened while I was building a shed but I kind of had heatstroke so I'm not exactly sure.