Friday, May 7, 2010

Physh Camp 2010 report

We all got out alive so I'm calling Physh Camp 2010 another success. Not much luck with the fishing though but that;s not unusual. Our fly fishermen did manage to provide a meal of trout but there was no action at all on the spinners.

We had some rain and according to the park ranger I talked to it was a good thing as the lakes are already at August water levels.

In my opinion the corridor is probably a better area for travelling than fishing. The portages are very well maintained and there appeared to be lots of campers. Even in early May we saw over 20 interior canoeists.

My fitness level was not too bad. I'm just hoping I can hold out as long as my Dad who portaged our canoe over the Devil's Staircase and went back for more at the tender age of 72!

A few photos:

The main man of fishing with our only Bass of the trip (released):



The Physh Camp 2010 crew:

No comments: