Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"He who can destroy a thing, controls a thing."

I got all stressed out at werk the other day so I bought stemus. The boss got pretty upset which helped to magnify my stress levels and therefore desire to smoke. Though it did give me a chance to evaluate the notion of self administered toxins.

Smoking, as before going paleo, has had no noticeable ill effects. So I'm guessing my lungs are still OK when compared to my liver which really lets me know it now when I eat even mild toxins. I've never been a heavy smoker but I've enjoyed the flavour of a good smoke for some time and, for me at least, there is an undeniable calmness that comes from performing such a blatantly self destructive act. I think on some level its an assertion of control over the self.

We've been having some crazy nice weather already so the Boss and I have been putting her fire box thingy to good use. Not only is it an excuse to eat wieners but who doesn't like to sit by a nice wood fire? We got the wood from this tree that was cut down across the street and you know what? It smells kind of funny. I don't know what kind of wood it is but I'm wondering if the smell isn't a result of the tree growing up not far from North America's worst pollution producer (by political jurisdiction). They say urban trees are the best air filters there are.

No comments: