Saturday, January 16, 2010

Week Two Numbers

How insane is this diet? I’m going to watch the Divisional Round of the NFL playoffs this weekend with no beer. I’m not even going to have a beer when the Vikings send the red hot Cowboys down in flames! That’s how insane it is.

Actually, after a few early cravings it hasn’t been difficult at all to stay on diet. Of course we are technically eating too high a percentage of meat if this was a serious push at weight loss. Including a serious assault on the world’s strategic bacon reserve (it was on sale!).They say it’s better to shave the weight off slowly in a sustainable manner anyway.

So here they are:
------------------------------------shmuck---------athlete
Weight------------------------------199.0----------199.2
Body fat %--------------------------21.6-----------13.9
Hydration %----------------------53.4-----------57.5
Muscle mass----------------------148.2----------163.2
Base Metabolic Rate ------------2075---------2266
Metabolic Age---------------------39-------------16
Bone Mass-------------------------7.6-----------8.4

So at the week two mark I’d have to say I’m seeing a positive trend and given the limited increase in my physical activity I am ready to attribute it to the diet. I’ve exercised six times since starting the diet - if you count 11 push-ups as a workout. So while the athlete numbers say I’m in decent shape somehow I don’t think 11 push-ups qualify me as an athlete. Maybe a curler? Hey, it’s an Olympic sport…

No comments: