Monday, January 11, 2010

Physh Camp 2010

I had been thinking I would go back to our best ever fishing spot for Physh Camp 2010 but I have reconsidered. From here I'd be looking at a 6+ hour drive to the entry point so I've decided to once again break new ground. Besides, physh camp isn't really about the fish its about getting away from the lights and the noise and cleansing the soul.

So when and where. May 1st to 5th at Big Porcupine Lake. A bit early I know but the rest of May is not so good - Mother's day, Mississauga Race Weekend, Big Game NY and by then the bugs are out. I'll take the chill over the bugs.

The itinerary will be to arrive at entry point 6 (the aptly named Smoke Lake) around lunch time Saturday and get into Ragged Lake that night. That should be a couple of hours paddling and one 240 metre portage. Then on the Sunday a 590 metre portage into Big Porcupine lake. Big Porcupine has some well situated triangles for sites and a couple of good day trip possibilites. Stay three nights on Big Porcupine and then all the way home Wednesday.

If you are interested in joining me get in touch. Physh Camp veterans get priority and I'll book for a max of 6 including me.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Advice according to some internet guy:

2. Big Porcupine Lake (3 different years – same site) Best site we have ever been on. The westernmost site on big pork