Friday, January 29, 2010

28 days

28 days
I’ve now been eating Paleo for 28 days. If I was a crackhead or an alcoholic they’d send me out to face the world. No wonder those programs have such dismal success rates. 28 days might be enough time to clean the toxins out of your system but mentally it seems like nothing. I can see the positive results again this week but the idea of eating the strict diet even for a year still seems daunting. I’m glad I’ll be into my experiments next month. I’m also curious to see what kind of impact they will have on the numbers.

I know you’ve all been waiting for this moment anxiously so here they are :

………………………………….Shmuck…………………..Athlete
Weight……………………………194.8………………………..195.0
Fat %.................................20.3…………………………..12.5
Water %.............................54.3…………………………..58.3
Muscle Mass……………………147.6…………………………162.2
Basal Metabolic Rate………..2061…………………………2246
Metabolic Age…………………..35……………………………..14
Bone Mass………………………..7.6……………………………8.4

Yeah I find it funny too that every week in the 30 seconds between weigh in’s my weight changes. But the numbers are encouraging. In four weeks I’ve lost 10 pounds and it is pretty much all fat and with minimal exercise.

In even better news I saw a website (http://www.lasting-weight-loss.com/Paleo-diet.html) that lists beer and coffee as acceptable carbs in moderation (up to 2 a day each!) that pretty much clears the two biggest hurdles for me to stay on a moderate form of the diet. If you figure that any attempt at a healthy diet will tell you to avoid or at best limit coffee and alcohol I’d say that’s pretty good.

No comments: