Tuesday, February 28, 2012

This can't good for me

I hate Dalton McGinty. I hate him to an extent that it will probably keep me out of heaven if there is such a place. I hate the man for one reason and one reason only. The Ontario Health Care Premium.

I have come to hate socialized medicine. I want to see it abolished. Now don't get me wrong, I like health care. (Sort of anyway, I'm not a huge fan of "a pill for every ill" but I do like knowing some skilled individual will be available [eventually] to stich me up should I every get hit by a random bullet when in the Big Smoke.) I just think it should be an insurance system - this is odd as I normally think of insurance as legalized extortion.

My hatred of Dalton helps me explain this. Every year I have to pay a special Ontario Health Care Premium of an amount calculated based solely on my income. I think this is a HUGE injustice. An injustice worthy of stoning. In a country where the medical system is clogged with people who make poor lifestyle decisions in regards to their health I think any health care premium has to be based on those lifestyle decisions and not on income. I don't care if it's a private or public system, I don't care if it becomes "tiered" and I don't care if some people can't afford it. I don't even care if my insurance premiums would total more than my current Ontario Health Care Premium and the percentage of my taxes that already go into the health care system I just want to feel like it's at least pretending to be fair.

No comments: