Saturday, November 19, 2011

First of the first!

Yesterday the boss and I bought some gourmet chocolate covered rasins. But we were not just any customer buying any gourmet chocolate covered raisin. These were the first raisins ever produced in Canada from Canadian grapes and we were the first ever customers. They took our picture. Take that Neil Armstrong!

You might be asking where and how we accomplished this monumental leap in human evolution, how two regular folk from eastern Canada managed to advance human progress so far? Well we were on a whirlwind wine tour in the Niagara Region, 4 wineries in 3 hours! The raisins are at Reif Estates if you are interested, also home of the best icewine I've veer tasted. Disclaimer: I'm not an icewine fan as I find them too sweet but this one was good enough to bring home two bottles. http://www.reifwinery.com/wines/Vidal_Icewine_200ml

Found few other wines we really liked, mostly at Caroline Cellars. The wines are only sold at the winery so we had to by them there. Worth the visit if you are ever in the region IMO.
http://www.carolinecellars.com/

We also poked around Niagara-onthe-Lake, a favourite of the Boss, and a few minutes at Fort George. I think I'd like to go back to the fort in the shoulder season, maybe while the Boss is boutiquing. Or maybe that would be too expensive? Anyway the Fort left me with a big question I'm hoping someone can help me with: what do the feng shui people think about having a canon pointed directly at your front entrance?

BTW the gourmet chocolate covered raisins were the best I've ever eaten.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

It might depend on whether tha cannon is inside pointing out, or outside pointing in. but I strongy suspect that neither is good feng shui. Cannons are almost certainly negative chi.