Saturday, October 29, 2011

Just another, log in the wall


We managed to finish the cordwood walls. With the colder temperatures the curing is going very slowly so I'm just going to hope it doesn't cause problems down the river. The photos don't really show the progress though. Maybe when I take down the frame and tarp to put the roof on. That should be my next visit if it isn't raining. Roof, windows and hang the door.

Once it's all closed in I'll be able to sleep there and hopefully by Christmas I'll have everything finished so we can spend some nice winter nights there. All that will be left is the floor, insulate the ceiling and install the wood stove. The woodstove might be a bit tricky as when we had it going to warm up the worksite it was very smoky, the stove didn't draw well. It seems to produce a lot of soot and the chimney cap as very clogged. I've cleaned it but I'd rather not have to do that every time we go up.

Here is one photo that might give you an impression about what it looks like now:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your blog. Very entertaining. The construction is looking very good and I am jealous of the bees (they have wings you know).

BW