Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The new year

I went to the Lions-Vikings game to start off the New Year. It was lots of fun. My first time in Detroit and that was also an eye opener. As a kid we got the Detroit TV stations on cable in my isolated northern hometown so I was aware that in the 1980’s in was the murder capital of the USA so I was surprised by how small the downtown seemed. Small and quiet (allowing for it being an NFL game day). In the back of my mind I know that Detroit is a city in decline and has been for some time now but if even most of the news I saw happened in that downtown it must have been a crazy place after dark.

In other news my holiday plans to do a series of posts about money quotes was a dismal failure with exactly one post being made but that’s the holidays – time just gets away from you (me). I’ll try to get a few more up while we’re all paying off the Christmas credit card bills. How’s that for a lame way to grant myself an extension?

In other news the Boss and I are going to go back to the Paleo diet (again) for the new year. The Boss is going to jump right in but I’m going to ease in this time on the idea that being less strict about it will make it easier for me to stick with it longer. It’s not that the diet is really hard. It’s actually easy to stick to at home, the problem is that it’s hard to eat out or make fast meals when life gets busy and eating in a social context is difficult (and a bigger component of life than you think).

We're also going to start doing yoga again - a new yoga place has opened up a couple of minutes walk from our place - www.birthyogastudio.com - no we're not trying to have a baby it just happens that this place is conveniently located.

Tomorrow I'll weigh in to see how I start my year but don't worry, I won;t bore you with another excruciating account of my weight loss. If I have any.

No comments: