Sunday, May 3, 2009

May already?

Hey y'all. I know it's been a while since I rapped at ya but I've been busy with year end at work and with prepping my house to sell. My house was colourful so I've had to make it bland for the masses. So now my house is a slave to conformity - just like The Man wants it.

But enough of that depressing topic. The Killarney hike is imminent. This time next week I'll be cursing my descision to do an 8 day hike in 5 days after a winter of sloth.

In preparation I recently bought even more new stuff. I finally got some zip-leg pants/shorts, a new, modern (not itchy) camp towel and two pairs of quick dry underwear (which should come in handy if there are any bear or cougar encounters) and some Superfeet, Superfeet, shes a Superfeet! Superfeet are the cadillac of insoles. They are highly recomended by Bill and I will be testing them on La Cloche Sillouette. Around the yard they feel like they are going to rock.

One last thing to purchase is a Leatherman. Survivorman always has a leatherman and it looks like he uses it a lot. I didn't get one yet because I was paralyzed by choice. Any recomendations out there as to what model I should get? Please bear in mind I am trying to keep an eye on the grams so I have already ruled out the giant total package one.

Immediatly after La Cloche Sillouette is Physh Camp '09 which promises to be relaxing - lying about in the quiet of a northern forest being hand fed foie gras by beautiful native girls... Or maybe not. In any case we have a last minute opening so if you don't mind some light portageing contact Heavy-C or the J-Set before they change the canoe reservations.

No comments: