Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wimpy

In the end I didn`t race yesterday. A short run on Thursday (very short) led me to believe trying to do the 10km in snowshoes would have been painful. Instead I`m going to let it heal and then get back on track. I`m planning to walk Wolf loop as a Superbowl warm-up next Sunday if anyone is interested in coming along.

I`m adding another practicehike this year as well. The La Cloche Silhouette trail in Killarney Provincial Park. The trail is approximately 80 km and the website says to be prepared for the 7-9 days it will take to hike the park. 7-9 days! I`m going to plan for 5 because even if the terrain is rough, 80 kms of trails should be manaegable in 4 days. The dates for Killarney are May 10-16 including the 10 hour drives to and from. Let me knwo if you are interested in joining me.

I`m thinking that I am going to do my annual spring fishing trip in Algonquin on the long weekend rather than drive back toOttawa and then back out to Algonquin. I`m not a fan of going to the Parks on the long weekends due to the crowds.

No comments: