Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Albert's Honour



So there's this winery with a misleading name. In my opinion. The winery's name is Malivoire. Maybe it's just me but its kind of a negative sounding name. Mal, voire, sounds like bad, look en français to me. 
I've had a couple of their wines - the 2008 Red (a GSM blend I think but am too lazy to look up), fabulous. Buy it, enjoy it. But the real prize - Albert's Honour, Old Vines Foch: Best. Wine. Ever. Buy it, (maybe invite me over for the evening), open it, breathe it, drink it, live it.
Your Welcome.
Soon I'll have to try their Guilty Men.
I came across the Albert's Honour when on a Niagara region wine tour we purchased a bottle of Maheral Foch from Caroline Cellars. It was excellent enough that I went hunting Foch wines at the LCBO. They had three different ones and all were very good but the Albert's Honour was the best. Ever.
In wine speak Foch = awesome. Apparently. I wonder why there isn't more of it?

No comments: