Friday, January 6, 2012

Smart or not so smart?

In preparation for my new year of restraint I waited three weeks before indulging in my Fuller's 2011 Vintage Ale. I don't know if it was my extended wait time (I normally wait three days) increasing the anticipation but this year's brew was definitely the best since I've been sampling them. that would be 2005. Now I wish I'd bought another :(

The first serious mistake of the new year came yesterday. Me and the Boss took a Smart fourtwo pure for a test drive. I've been ogling these tiny little cars since I first saw them in Spain in 2002 but they seem like a second car for someone like myself. I really can't see hauling the Tigress up to Algonquin or Killarney on top of one of them. Though it would force me to pack light.... But with the Boss and I having a pick-up truck a second car is what it would be. While I still love my Sugar the Boss is not so keen as she doesn't like the manual transmission. Or the broken AC in the summer months.

So we are considering changing up the car part of our two car household for something she can drive that's easy on the gas. We were considering the diesel model of the Smart but they apparently don't sell them anymore as people found them underpowered at 46 HP. Which is bout the HP of Beatrice but then, she never goes on the 401.

Anyway the Smart Car is awesome and now I want one more than ever. At the price range for an off lease model the other cars we are looking to test drive will have to be pretty super to have a shot.

No comments: