Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Tao of Steve II

Went up to the land yesterday. We got a free load of dirt from some friends so I decided to use it to improve the temporary entrance and then spend the rest of the day working on the sun shade for weeders. The entrance is much improved but I want to see it again after a good hard rain. It is temporary but hopefully not too temporary. The sun shade is up but I'm not happy with it so I'll work on it again next time I get up.

The surprise of this trip was the flies. May 9th and the black flies were out in cruel mouth filling, eyeball walking, flesh eating swarms. Other than that it was a lovely day. If I had suspected insect swarms and brought some dope I might have gotten the sun shade more to my liking but by evening I had to get out of there.

On the way home we stopped at an Enroute to get me some coffee at the Tim's. I knew I'd need some black gold to keep me between the lines on the drive. anyway the dude behind the counter was living the Tao of Steve - it doesn't matter what you do, just be excellent at it. The man knows his product lines and he knows customer service. And to top it off his name was Steve, not Stephen, Steve. Take note Mr. Harper.

No comments: