Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Winter's coming

Once upon a time I thought my shed was a rough looking piece of work but now I have my winter shelter built and the shed is looking pretty good. In our defense the winter shelter is made of scrap and intended to be a temporary shelter.

It’s pretty chilly out now so I’m getting to that point of the year when I’m looking forward to the snow and the snowshoeing. And this year I’ll have a place to go snowshoeing and boiling up without the need for elaborate planning to evade the authorities.

We hung around in Trenton visiting friends on Halloween. It’s the first time since moving to TV land that I’ve actually witnessed a TVesque Halloween. There were hundreds of kids swarming the neighbourhood in all manner of costumes. Even a house down the street providing scary noises (quite a creepy soundtrack of screams actually). In the previous decade, everywhere I’ve lived I’ve seen between ten and zero trick or treaters.

No comments: