Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cleaning house


This week I had to clear out the drain in the tub. It got me thinking bout how gross clogged plumbing is. So last night I drank some herbal laxative tea. It smelled vaguely familiar. The results were less than impressive - it gave me a headache without any noticeable result. So tonight I am going to try a castor oil shot before bedtime.

Part two is that having rudely crossed the 200 pound Rubicon I can feel the icy hand of death rubbing my buddah belly so the fight must begin now. I am planning to transition to the Paleo-diet sooner rather than later and since it seems I should plan on some digestive discomfort as I transition from a carbohydrate to a fat based metabolism I figured it would be good to get the pipes cleaned as preparation. But I'm wary of colonic hydrotherapy (http://www.colonhydrotherapy.ca). What can I say, I'm still a hillbilly at heart.


Oh and the familiar smell of the tea came back to me - Oolong. Oolong always gives me a headache. So now I've got 19 bags of herbal laxative tea going cheap...

1 comment:

Ken said...

The Boss tells me it's not oolong so lets just say if the tea smells vaguely like oiled twine, I'll take a zero.