Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lazy day of summer

Got a bit of a rest today which was good since I needed it. went back to bed after breakfast, cleaned the stove and then spent the afternoon in the hammock. That wasn’t the original plan but I’ll take a day like this when I can get it.

The plan was to be at the land working away but it didn’t work out quite that way. Yesterday I went outto the Skycroft Campground to oversee the delivery of our free (!) new to us (!) camper trailer. That went reasonably well, a bit of an extra wait for the hauling company as they has to fix their equipment before they could come out. This meant by the time I got the trailer dropped off and hauled roughly into place it was getting late and I didn’t have time before dark to really get the trailer set into place leveled up on blocks to spend the night.

Now that’s a pretty weak excuse I know and really I would have slept in it but for the major issue of the day. I forgot the cooler. With all my food in it. and I had already drank 2/3 of the water I brought. Sure I could have went to bed hungry and headed into town for food in the morning but with no sign of bear damage I figured the work can wait until next week.

So here’s the camper trailer in place but not set up and the intact bee yard:



No comments: